SeniorHabitat's comprehensive list of Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRC) are designed for active seniors with an independent lifestyle but want increased levels of care as needs change. As a resident's health status changes, they may shift from one level of care to another, all within the same community. These communities offer a variety of services including rehabilitation and nursing care after a hospital stay or when extended care is needed. The cost of Continuing Care Retirement Communities varies from one community to another. An Extensive Contract offers unlimited skilled nursing care for a small cost or no price increase in monthly fees. A Modified Contract charges additional fees for services that exceed a specified amount of services. In some communities, services might be provided on a month-to-month basis.
Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the following three levels of care in one locale
- INDEPENDENT LIVING: A living option where residents live on their own and have access to a wide array of amenities. Basically it is designed for those who are don't need personal assistance.
- ASSISTED LIVING: A living option where residents require a little assistance with their activities of daily living such as bathing and dressing,
- SKILLED NURSING: A living option where residents require 24-hour monitoring and medical assistance.
Typical Services Offered In Continuing Care Retirement Communities:
- Housekeeping Services
- Nutritious Meal
- Ground Maintenance Services
- Emergency Call Monitoring Services
- 24/7 Security
- Laundry Services
- Transportation; and
- Recreational Activities
Available Healthcare Services In Continuing Care Retirement Communities:
- Nursing Care
- Personal Care
- Respite Care
- Alzheimer's Care